October 5, 2008

Dear Friends,

This last week has been a week of scans, x-rays and other tests as the doctors prepare my radiation treatment plan.  On Monday, I will begin daily chemo and radiation treatments.  Each Monday will be a chemo infusion plus radiation, then Tues – Friday I will receive radiation along with a chemo pill.  This is scheduled to last for 7 ½ weeks, ending the week of Thanksgiving.  So far I have had 2 “mega-doses” of chemo that have hit me fairly hard to be honest. 

This is an aggressive course of treatment as we knew it would be.  “A curative approach” as the doctors say.  That is certainly our prayer!

We continue to be so grateful to everyone for all their love and support, and most of all for all the prayers being said for us.  Your prayers are a wonderful gift and we thank you with all our hearts.  They have most certainly carried me through to this point.

Please continue to pray for me as I start this next phase of treatment.  Many of you have asked me for specific areas of concern and there are several.  Please pray for

1. My veins - that they would be easy to access and not so sensitive to the medication (I’ve already had some issues with this although God blessed me with a good experience last week!)

2. My endurance – that I would weather this treatment well and without complications (bleeding/blood clot issues, pain in my feet and hands, burn issues from the radiation, fatigue)

3. My family – especially Andrew, that he would not be too traumatized by this situation and that we can keep things as normal as possible for him

4. My mindset – that I would be mentally strong and have a positive attitude during this tough treatment

Again, we thank you for your kindness to us during this difficult time,  and we are especially appreciative for all the prayers.  It is truly a special blessing to walk through those hospital doors covered in prayer.   

Kay and family

No comments:

Post a Comment