September 14, 2008

So, we’re off to Chapel Hill tomorrow for my second chemotherapy treatment.  This will be another 6+ hour day.  We are told they are prepared to prevent any adverse reaction like I had last time, and have a few more meds in store to make the after effects a bit easier this time.  Good news!

While tomorrow will be a long day, I am so grateful to know that as I walk through that door, I don’t go alone.  An army of prayer goes with me and I want you to know how thankful we are to each of you.  An army of prayer -- that is powerful.  And we feel it!

Every day I receive encouraging notes, phone calls, cards, emails, hugs and support that just continue to amaze me.  While I must confess the “Why me?!”  question comes to my mind way too often, I also have to ask the same exact question with regard to the outpouring of kindness and support we keep receiving.  At every turn everyone just keeps giving and giving and giving.   We can’t thank you enough. 

We are told in James 1:17 that “every good and perfect gift is from above and comes down from the Father”.   Please know that as you continue to care for us, we thank God daily for the gift of you.     

So, again, we’re off to another round of healing tomorrow.  With God and your prayers alongside us.  What more could we ask for really?? 

Kay and family

No comments:

Post a Comment