October 7, 2008

Dear Friends,

We wanted to share with you the good news we received yesterday from my doctor.  The scans from last week show improvement in the 2 tumors in my lung.  The primary site is smaller and the secondary site has “vaporized” and is barely visible on the scan.  No new sites were seen.  The lymph nodes in my chest did not show much change, but overall this was a very good report.  We are told that this was a good response to the 2 chemo treatments and we are right where we need to be to begin this next phase. 

My infusion went well yesterday, they got my vein on the second try and it held throughout the treatment!  This was huge because the drugs they are using are so strong and so irritating to the veins that accessing them each week (6 more to go!) can be a real issue.  And the veins in my arms are quite irritated at this point.  My doctor does not want to put in a “permanent” port because of the risk of infection.  (A special thanks for praying me through this!)

We praise God for this good report!  We know that God led us to this treatment plan, but we also know that ultimately all healing comes from God.  To say again that we thank you for your prayers is a gross understatement.  I hope you can see answers to YOUR prayers in this report. 

Obviously we are very happy with this good news.  We continue to pray – and praise!  Thank you for joining us. 

Gratefully,
Kay and family

Psalm 28:7   The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him and I am helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment