February 18, 2010

Kay was moved out of ICU today at about 1 PM to a “step down” room in the cardio/ thoracic unit of the hospital where she will stay until she goes  home! So I’m very thankful for that and that she is able to get up and walk a little, with a stable blood pressure. She’s breathing on her own and her oxygen/gas levels are in the acceptable range. I was waiting until after I spoke with the surgeon before I wrote the update, but he still hasn’t come by, so I’m not waiting any more.  Thanks so much for all the prayers, they have been and continue to be  a huge blessing, which we will be forever grateful for.  She hasn’t been evaluated on her vocal chord condition yet, so no news there. Gotta run, time to try another walk! Thanks to you all-

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment