August 11, 2009

Thank you all for the kind emails, cards and phone calls you have been sending me.  I appreciate every one and they are a real encouragement to me. 

I am scheduled for surgery tomorrow (8/12) at 3:00 pm at UNC.   This surgery is designed to drain the fluid in my lung and perform a “TALC” procedure to prevent the fluid from returning.  The final test results are not in yet from my original biopsy, so there has been no decision on how to treat the cancer once we get past this surgery.   And they do want me to recover some from the surgery tomorrow  before starting a new treatment.  Given the late start of the surgery tomorrow,  I’ll likely not come home from the surgery until Saturday. 

A number of you have asked how you might pray for us specifically.  Thank you for being so considerate – here are the specific requests:

1. Andrew – that he will be comfortable and “worry-free” while he stays with my sister during my hospitalization.

2. Kevin – for his stamina as he tries to care for me and keep up with work, home, etc.

3. That the medical team would work with a Divine precision tomorrow.  That the surgery would be a success, the fluid would remain gone and my lung would re-inflate.  That I will be able to endure this surgery both mentally and physically. 

4. The doctors – that God would guide their steps as they determine the best course of action to treat the cancer going forward.

Our needs seem so great, but we remain convinced that God is able to do abundantly more than we can ever imagine in this situation.  Thank you for continuing to stand with us. 

Psalm 3:4  “I cried to the Lord with my voice, and He heard me…”

Kay and family

No comments:

Post a Comment