August 27, 2008

Well, we have completed one treatment.  Actually treatment 1 on Monday turned into treatment 1A and continued on Tuesday am with 1B, given a brief adverse reaction I had to the first chemo drug.  The staff was quick to react on Monday and got everything under control and I was able to receive all of the necessary drug.  But we were there from 9:30am to about 6:00pm, long day!  We got home and Mother had spent the afternoon at our house picking Andrew up from school, doing our laundry, changing our beds, etc.  Our precious neighbor Arrin Dutton had dinner ready for us when we got home.  With all that waiting for me, I was immediately feeling better once I got home!  Tuesday’s treatment went along much better. 

Today has been a pretty good day, I’ve felt well and I was very HAPPY to get up and go to my office on today (Wednesday).  I am privileged to work for such a great organization and with such a terrific group of people.  They have been beyond supportive. 

My next treatment will be on Sept 15.  It feels good to me to know I now have some drugs circulating that are starting to work against the bad guys. 

So far I am feeling well, although they tell me to expect reduced energy by tomorrow.  We’ll see how it goes.  We’re hoping for and expecting the best. 

Our continued thanks so much for all the prayer, love and support  extended to my family and me.  We continue to see God’s hand at every turn, and He is working through all of you to bless us.  How I long for words more adequate than “thank you”!

Philippians 1:3:   I thank my God in all my remembrance of you!

We’ll continue to keep you posted.

Kay and family

No comments:

Post a Comment