August 5, 2008

Well, the results are in and while the conditions in my lung have improved overall, the surgeons are still concerned about the suspicious “spot” in my lower left lobe that remains unchanged.  The good news is that my scans show the pneumonia/pleural effusion has improved significantly so my lung is in better condition for the surgery.  This is a complicated surgery given the position of the area in question.

The surgery is scheduled for 2:00 tomorrow at DukeRaleigh.  We have been told we can expect anything from minor scar tissue to advanced malignancy.   The length of the surgery will be determined by the severity of my condition, anywhere from 1 hour to 4 hours.  Whew!

We are stressed and concerned, but we are confident of one thing and that is we KNOW God is in control of this situation and we are so thankful for that.  And also we are thankful for all the support and care you continue to give us.  Thank you for your prayers and we will keep you posted as we can.

I’m sorry that my absence from the office is going to be extended.  I can tell you, I miss being there!  Thanks for holding down the fort.

No comments:

Post a Comment