October 29, 2009

Hello all—

Sorry to be so incommunicado but I have had a rough couple of weeks following my treatment last Tuesday.  We had to delay that treatment by a week due to a low white cell count, but the count rebounded nicely after a week’s hiatus.  My next treatment in scheduled for Nov 9.  After that treatment I will have another round of x-rays and scans for a “re-assessment”.  There has been some continued discussion about removing my lung even if we get the all clear signal after this treatment.  The fluid around my lung continues to be a problem and although the volume has decreased it has not completely cleared up.  We will likely have to make some serious decisions going forward, but God has never failed to provide us with clear direction so far. 

We remain so grateful to everyone for your continued prayer support.  The most critical of needs right now is resolution of this fluid issue.  Please pray also for my physical and emotional strength, and for my family, especially my Mom who is under significant stress.  And as much as I try to protect Andrew from all my issues, he is quite the little worrier even at such a tender age. 

This is so hard.  I confess there are times I don’t think I can do this.  I don’t want to even consider how difficult it really would be without your prayerful support.  Once again, “thank you” seems painfully inadequate. 

So, we march on.  Clinging to the Lord.  And thanking Him for the gift of you.     

Kay and family

No comments:

Post a Comment