May 6, 2009

Dear Friends,

It’s been a little while since my last update and I thought it might be a good idea to check in and let you know how things are going. 

I am actually back at work on a very limited basis, and it feels great to be there.  My organization and its staff have been so good to my family and me, it’s incomprehensible, really it is.  They have just been there for us at every turn, like all of you.  We are so grateful for God’s continued provision.

My esophagus has continued to give me problems.  Scar tissue has formed and constricted the area, closing it up completely at one point.  I have had it “stretched” 3 times now (small procedure done under heavy sedation) and that has helped significantly.  It is wonderful to be able to eat a full meal!!!!  Consequently, I am feeling stronger since I am now able to get the nourishment I need.  Praise the Lord!  They expect that I will have to have this procedure done at least once again in the near future, but for now we are making progress with the esophogitis. 

I go in on Friday, May 22 for another CT scan, results to be given on Tuesday, May 26.  This scan is given at the 6 month anniversary of the beginning of the treatment.  The doctors will be comparing this scan to previous ones to see if there has been any change.  Please keep us in your prayers as we go through this process.  (Whew!) 

Once again, please know how grateful we are to each of you for your support and consideration of us.  God has raised a virtual army to care for us and we are continually amazed and thankful for all He has done.   We know your prayers have made all the difference!

We’ll keep you posted. 

Kay and family

No comments:

Post a Comment